What’s In Dental Clinic Names? More Than You Think!
Starting a new dental clinic can be a daunting process. From deciding on the perfect location, to writing a business plan, to figuring out dental clinic names – there is a lot to think about. Not to mention the dental care you plan on offering patients.
Naming your dental practice is an important step that shouldn’t be minimized. It’s the first impression potential patients will have of your dental practice, and it can set the tone for the kind of dental care you want to create.
Strategic Considerations for Dental Care & Dental Clinic Names
What are your long-term goals for your dental practice? Dental clinic names should include these considerations…
- If you someday want to sell the dental practice, how will that impact the name selection? (For example, nobody wants to buy a dental clinic named after someone else – except an offspring. If the name implies you specialize in a particular segment of dental care, will that help or hurt?)
- Is it just going to be an individual dental office or do you want to grow into a dental group? You can build an individual practice into a dental group; or, sell at a future time to a dental group – will the name help or hurt?
Do you want to specialize in a specific type of dental care, treatment, or specialty?
- Specialize in a specific customer segment? For example, think about family dental office names. If you choose family dental care, your name ideas should include the word “family.”
- Specialize in a specific type of dental care? Orthodontics? Cosmetic dentistry? Root canals? Implants? Holistic dental care? How will this impact your ability to sell your dental practice or dental group in the future?
Tactical Considerations for Choosing Dental Clinic Names
When choosing a dental practice name, you need to consider a variety of factors. Here are some things to keep in mind while you’re brainstorming and narrowing down your list:
- Don’t throw the term dental group into the name if it isn’t accurate or something you are actively building towards.
- Is it legally available? It’s important to make sure the name you choose is available and not being used by another business.
- Who is your target audience? If you’re not targeting a specific demographic, it’s best to pick a “neutral” name that isn’t targeted toward anyone in particular.
- What is the message you want to convey? The dental office name should convey the kind of dental care you want to offer and what you want your patients to think about first when hearing the name.
- What is your marketing budget? The more you spend on the name of your dental offices, the more you can make it be memorable.
- Is it easy to remember, pronounce, and spell? Making it easy AND unique AND relevant is a challenge. It’s why big companies pay agencies a LOT of money to come up with names.
Unique Names Inspired by Nature
Nature is a great place to look for catchy dental clinic names. You can draw from specific colors, flowers, trees, mountains, or even the moon and stars.
Here are some examples using a color and adding to that:
– Silvertip: A word that implies a large, white-tipped mountain. Perhaps appropriate for a general dental care office in a mountainous area.
– Silverthorn: The Silverthorn is a thorny tree, native to the northern hemisphere.
– Silver Willow: A tree that grows in Asia and North America.
– Silver Larch: A type of conifer tree.
– Silverspire: A type of flowering plant.
– Green Forest: a specialized dental care practice in the Northern U.S.
– White Moon: implies bright, white teeth as you get with appropriate dental care.
– Silver Dental Associates: appropriate for a dental company.
– Silver Smile Dental Spa: appropriate for a specialty dental care practice.
Naming Your Dental Offices by Dental Care Terminology
If you want to pick a name that is more specific to the dental industry, you have a lot of options. You can pick a name that describes your dental office type, like an orofacial pain dental care clinic.
You can also pick a name that describes the type of equipment or services that you provide, like laser dentistry.
You can also pick a name based on where you want your dental office to be located, like a suburban dental clinic or a city dental office. Here are some examples:
– The Island: A family dental clinic that treats patients from a large area.
– Spark: A name for a laser dentistry practice.
– Dynasty: A name for a family dental clinic.
– Countyview: A name for a suburban dental office that overlooks a view.
– Veil: A name for a dental clinic that treats patients who have a visual impairment.
– Sunset: A name for a dental clinic that treats patients who have visual impairment that closes right before sunset.
– Sunburst: A name for a dental clinic that focuses on pediatric dental services.
– Sunburst Smile: A name for a dental office that focuses on orthodontic dental care and providing beautiful smiles.
– Sun Smile: A name for dental offices that focuses on ortho dental care services and providing beautiful smiles during the day.
– Forest Gums: A name for a dental clinic that focuses on periodontal services and treating gum disease.
– Lakeside: A name for a general dental solutions that focuses on general dental care services and treating gum disease near a body of water.
– Lakeside Dental: A name for a general dental office or one that offers general dental solutions and treating gum disease near a body of water.
– Mountain: A name for a dental clinic that focuses on general dental care.
– Mountainview or Foothills: A name for a dental clinic that focuses on general dental services and overlooks a view.
– Sunset: A name for a dental office that focuses on general dental services and offers dental care late into the evening.
– Sunburst: A name for a dental office that focuses on general dental services and provides beautiful smiles during the day.
Growing Up Dental Services: a pediatric dental office that is a family dentistry clinic.
Tap Into Artificial Intelligence for Dental Care Names
- Shopify has a name generator: https://www.shopify.com/tools/business-name-generator
- Another that lets you define some characteristics: https://namelix.com/
- General businesses: https://businessnamegenerator.com/
- And there are a number that have dental office names: https://biznamewiz.com/dental-business-names/ and
- https://www.namesnack.com/guides/dental-clinic-business-names and
- https://chat.openai.com/chat, plus more.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Dental Care Name
Once you’ve narrowed down your list, it’s time to pick the perfect name. Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
– Narrow down your list. Once you’ve got some ideas and have been brainstorming, it’s time to narrow down your list. Pick out the ones that really stand out and feel like they’d fit your dental clinic best.
– Write down the pros and cons of each name. Once you’ve picked out a few names, write down the pros and cons of each one. This will help you make a more informed decision and choose the best dental office name ideas.
– Get feedback from family and friends. Once you’ve narrowed down your list, it’s time to get some honest feedback. Ask friends and family what they think of each name and which ones they like best. This will help you make an informed decision.
– Use an online naming tool. If you need help coming up with ideas, use an online naming tool. There are plenty of online tools that help you brainstorm and narrow down your list.
Brainstorming Ideas for Dental Office Names
Before you choose a name, you have to have some ideas to start with. Some of the best names are ones that are natural and organic. They could be words you like or that means something special. They could also tie into the specialty of your dental office or highlight the services you offer.
Here are Some Questions to Further Stimulate Ideas:
- Do you have any connections to a particular city or region? Like many businesses, a dental clinic often takes the name of its owner or location. This can be limiting long-term.
- What is the mission of your dental clinic? Often, names that convey what you want your dental office to stand for are best.
- What is your personality? This will help narrow it down and make it your own.
- What is your dental care specialty? You might want to include it as part of your name.
- Do you want your dental office to be unique? If so, choose a name that no one else has.
- Do you want your dental office to be memorable? If so, pick a name that stands out.
- Is the domain available so you can use the dental clinic name for your website URL?
- Again, dental office names that are easy to remember and spell are easier to look up online.
Other Articles That Can Help Your Dental Clinic…
- Evaluating your dental clinic website: Dental clinic names & website
- Dental clinic marketing budgeting: dental clinic spending
- Dental care marketing strategies to use or avoid: dental clinic strategies
- Dental clinic branding: branding your dental clinic
- Local search marketing for your dental clinic: Local Search for your dental office
- 15 inexpensive tips for growing your dental clinic: tips for growing a dental clinic
- Putting your dental clinic on page 1 of Google: dental clinic rankings
- Persuasive dental care language: what is persuasive
Feel free to bookmark any article you find useful.
For Help With Growing Your Dental Care Business…
BrilliantDc specializes in dental care websites and local SEO to get your dental business onto page 1 of Google search results fast!
Email [email protected] or call (888) 337-6278
Note: this article was co-authored by a 30+ veteran marketer and open.ai